"Keep Your Firewood Pest Free"
FREE INSPECTION | SCHEDULE TODAY!
Everyone looks forward to getting cozy in front of the fire in winter, and a fireplace is surely a handy thing to have–it lets you keep your energy bills down while keeping your home’s temperature up! However, the location and placement of your firewood could be attracting pests to your home and posing some real threats.
Tips to keep your firewood pest-free!
- Stack your firewood at least 20 feet from the exterior of your home.
- Keep a durable cover over the firewood, or store it in a shed.
- Keep firewood atleast 18 inches off the ground on a non-wood structure.
- Only bring enough firewood into the home for the current fire.
- Do not treat wood with pesticides.
Call PermaTreat Pest and Termite Control for all of your pest control services!