Homeowners have been battling mosquitoes for years and most often ignoring their bites. But it's time that we take mosquito infestations seriously.
Hours ago the first case of West Nile Virus was reported in Maryland.
If you have a mosquito infestation consider employing a pest professional to help control this pest.
Mosquito infestations can continue well into the fall months. Make centain that you are protected.
Steps to keep mosquitoes out of homes:
– Eliminate potential mosquito breading grounds like birdbaths and baby pools by changing the water at least once per week.
– Remove excess vegetation around any standing water sources that cannot be changed, dumped or removed.
– Check your screens for any holes to keep them out of your house.
– Avoid areas with a lot of mosquitoes
– Avoid unnessary outdoor activity at dawn and dust (this is when mosquitoes are most active)
– Wear long pants, long-sleeved shirts and hats if you are concerned about mosquito exposure
– Use an EPA-registered insect repellent