We Make Mouse Calls!
Mice must have adequate food and shelter in order to live and thrive. Removing these 2 factors both indoors and outdoors is the best way to prevent and control mouse problems.
They and their parasites share our homes. They nest and sleep in the furniture where we relax, sleep, and store our clothing – and we don’t even realize it.
Rodents harbor a wide range of parasites such as mites and ticks that carry lethal pathogens. Even without parasites, rodents can directly transmit deadly germs excreted in their urine and feces.
In one week’s time rodents produce hundreds of fecal pellets and deposit urine in thousands of areas. The pathogens may also be deposited via saliva and blood spewed during rodent fights. Finally, rodents shed their hair daily and lose an entire coat twice a year. In this way, millions of rodent hairs and hair fragments, possibly containing pathogens, are also deposited into our environment.
Inside our buildings where food, water, and harborage are readily available, rodents can breed prolifically. This results in tens or hundreds of rodents living and moving about in our homes. Disease organisms present within these populations can spread rapidly to infect areas, people, and pets.
Steps to take Indoors:
- ~ Clean areas under stoves, refrigerators and dishwashers;
- ~ Keep counter tops clear of food;
- ~ Do not leave glasses of water out over night;
- ~ Store dry food, pet food and birdseed in sealed containers;
- ~ Clean pet bowls at night.
- ~ Keep storage areas free of clutter;
- ~Mouse-proof hard-to-access areas that tend to be neglected;
- ~ Store supplies or materials off of the floor.
Steps to take Outdoors:
- ~ Store firewood away from your home;
- ~ Trim any overgrown vegetation and shrubbery until the ground
- underneath is visible;
- ~ Remove any debris such as rock piles, old equipment and
- planting pots;
- ~ Elevate lumber and firewood at least 18 inches.
Common rodents found infesting your home and business in Virginia are:
|House Mouse||Brown Rat||Roof Rat|
If you’re having a problem with mice and rats invading your home or business contact PermaTreat because…. We Make Mouse Calls!!!