StinkBugs, the Unwanted Guests
Stink Bugs are another pest that finds its way into your home to over-winter seeking warmth and food. They are not harmful they are just an annoyance.
Here are some tips to prevent stink bugs from entering your home:
- Seal any cracks and holes that are found around your home with a good quality silicone-latex caulk.
- Repair or replace damaged screens on windows or doors.
- Repair torn weather-stripping and loose mortar and install door sweeps if necessary.
- Keep outdoor lighting to a minimum.
- Check for leaking pipes and clogged drains.
- Store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly in sealed receptacles.
- Wipe down counters and sweep floors to eliminate crumbs and residue from spills.
- Properly ventilate basements, attics, garages and crawl spaces to eliminate harborage points.
- Make certain to store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house and five inches off the ground.